воскресенье, 13 декабря 2015 г.

 "No matter how piercing and appalling his insights, the desolation creeping over his outer world, the lurid lights and shadows of his inner world, the writer must live with hope, work in faith."

J.B. Priestley

Hello everybody! 

      This night and the following day promise lots of fun stuff to me. New blogging experience, revising all the material from the course, preparing individual tasks...That's what is called "studying hard" and that is something (I'll be honest with you) I'm rather obliged to do, as I take more delight in thorough and thoughtful studies, "step by step" rather than everything and in haste. But who's responsible for my suffering? Right, nobody but me. 

      To my humble opinion, stylistics is one of the most interesting disciplines which I encountered during my 3.5 years of studying and the lectures were truly capturing. Now I realize that most of the material got sticked in my mind (so that I do not need practically to learn everything in one day - to revise is just enough), as it was presented lively and emotionally - that always happens when a teacher loves the subject he/she teaches and his/her work in general. 

     I was recommended to read and analyze a short story "A Rose for Emily" by William Faulkner. Naturally, I expected it to read about love affair full of tenderness and tremor. But it turned out just the other way round: a story about death, dusty, sultry and filthy atmosphere all around... I don't claim to know all the ins and outs and details of writing and literature, but I tend to believe, that insanity, death and filth, both moral and material, should be strictly limited in art (or employed for the purpose of "counter-example". Moreover, the wording is rather complicated. To cut a long story short, the story, to put it mildly, hasn’t become one of my favorites, but I still need to get a good mark in me stylistics exam. So, here we go!












Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий